When speed comes calling, the Epic Expert doesn't just answer, it yells back, 'Catch me if you can!'
Featuring the most efficient suspension platform ever to grace a World Cup start line, the Epic Expert pairs 100-millimeters of Brain-controlled travel front and rear for a package that was born to erase seconds from the clock.
A Smarter BRAIN
Mixing hardtail efficiency and full-suspension capability to impressively quick results, Epic has always been defined by uncompromised commitment to speed.
Well, that and over 100 World Cup wins and podiums too. True to form, the latest Epic continues the tradition, taking advantage of the most efficient Brain suspension we've ever created to ensure it's always on a first-name-basis with fast.
Re-engineered hand-in-hand with the new Epic, the latest BRAIN design resets the expectation for efficiency, employing a new race-tuned pedaling platform to ensure every watt possible is translated into forward motion, while handily soaking up momentum-killing chatter and big hits alike—all more smoothly than ever.
Redesigned with a focus on efficient power transfer and better handling performance, the Epic's all-new FACT 11m carbon frame features a 15-percent stiffer rear triangle in order to take full advantage of the BRAIN's new race-tuned pedaling platform, while the revised carbon layup of the front-triangle sheds weight, sending the Epic's already sky-high stiffness-to-weight ratio even higher.
- Offering 100-millimeters of brilliantly efficient BRAIN-controlled travel, the Epic’s FACT 11m carbon frame increases rear-triangle stiffness for peerless power transfer and introduces the most capable handling in an Epic yet, all while shedding weight over the previous-generation Epic.
- The RockShox SID SL BRAIN fork serves up 100-millimeters of brilliantly controlled BRAIN travel for effecient performance that pairs perfectly with the Epic's rear BRAIN system.
- Sprightly stoppers from SRAM, Level TL brakes offer smooth modulation for precise speed control.
- Descending from a long World Cup lineage, hand-built Roval Control Carbon wheels feature a modern 25-millimeter internal-width hookless rim, and maximize strength, ride quality, and durability while keeping weight to a minimum
- FRAME : FACT 11m Full Carbon, Modern XC Race Geometry, Rider-First Engineered™, threaded BB, 12x148mm rear spacing, internal cable routing, 100mm of travel
- FORK : RockShox SID SL BRAIN, Bottom-Adjust Brain damper, Debon Air, 15x110mm, 44mm offset, 100mm Travel
- REAR SHOCK : RockShox-Specialized BRAIN, Rx XC Tune, 5 Position Platform Adjust, Rebound Adjust, Integraded Extension, 265x52.5mm
- FRONT HUB : DT Swiss 350, 15x110mm spacing, Torque caps, 6-bolt, 28h
- REAR HUB : DT Swiss 350, Star Ratchet, SRAM XD driver body, 12mm thru-axle, 148mm spacing, 28h
- SPOKES : DT Swiss Competition Race
- RIMS : Roval Control Carbon, 25mm internal width, Zero bead hook, Tubeless ready, 28h
- INNER TUBES : Presta, 60mm valve
- FRONT TYRE : Fast Trak, Control casing, GRIPTON® compound, 60 TPI, 2Bliss Ready, 29x2.3"
- REAR TYRE : Fast Trak, Control casing, GRIPTON® compound, 60 TPI, 2Bliss Ready, 29x2.3"
- CRANKSET : SRAM X1 Eagle, DUB, 32t, XS: 165mm, SM: 170mm, M-XL: 175mm
- CHAINRINGS : SRAM Eagle Alloy 32T Direct mount
- BOTTOM BRACKET : SRAM DUB, BSA 73mm, Threaded
- SHIFT LEVERS : SRAM X01 Eagle, trigger, 12-speed
- REAR DERAILLEUR : SRAM X01 Eagle, 12-speed
- CASSETTE : SRAM XG-1275 Eagle, 12-speed, 10-50t
- CHAIN : SRAM GX Eagle, 12-speed
- FRONT BRAKE : SRAM Level TL, 2-piston caliper, hydraulic disc
- REAR BRAKE : SRAM Level TL, 2-piston caliper, hydraulic disc
- HANDLEBARS : Specialized Alloy Minirise, 10mm rise, 750mm, 31.8mm clamp
- GRIPS : Specialized Trail Grips
- STEM : Specialized XC, 3D-forged alloy, 4-bolt, 6-degree rise
- SADDLE : Body Geometry Power Sport, steel rails
- SEATPOST : Specialized Alloy, Single Bolt, 30.9mm
- SEAT BINDER : Specialized Alloy, 34.9mm
- SWAT : SWAT EMT Cage-Mount Tool